Many Facebook pages today still have not claimed a Facebook web address. The Facebook web address is the direct link to a Facebook page – facebook.com/PageWebAddress . Facebook web addresses are simple to set, but many pages lack them due to the requirement of 25 likes on the page. Once your page has 25 likes, the Facebook page is eligible to have a custom link that directly displays the page.
Choosing a Good Facebook Web Address
Set a memorable Facebook web address for your page. Remember, this cannot be changed once it is set, so if you can use your business name without spaces, that is the best good option. If this is already taken, get creative and use an address that represents your business but is easy to remember. You may also want to try using your business name plus the city you are in, as in “CarShopChicago”.
- Best web address: “http://facebook.com/MyBusinessName” or “http://facebook.com/BusinessNameCity”
- Sufficient web address: “http://facebook.com/My-Business”
- Not recommended: “http://facebook.com/Business-Name-9877”
How to Set a Facebook Page Web Address (Username)
- Make sure you have at least 25 likes for your Facebook page.
- Navigate to http://facebook.com/username
- Select your page from the drop-down.
- Enter the desired username, which is what comes after “http://facebook.com/”. Remember, once this is set, it cannot be changed.
- Check availability, and save if the desired name is available!
Now you have a direct link to your Facebook page.